HydroCorp – Richmond, VA
Full Time – From $79,000 a year
- Driver License (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Execute sales and marketing strategies, initiate contact with potential clients, maintain communications with existing clients, identify prospect needs, and build relationships with clients and prospects for business growth and increased client loyalty. Role priorities will include, but are not limited to, increasing sales and revenue for the HydroCorp Municipal Division within an assigned territory, prospecting for new clients, qualifying sales leads, and gaining a clear understanding of prospect/client needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build/maintain client satisfaction and retention.
- Manage existing municipal accounts.
- Actively seek new leads to continually grow sales and meet prospecting call goals.
- Qualify leads and determine necessary action steps in the sales process.
- Build relationships with key decision makers, prospects, and clients.
- Network and participate at professional events and tradeshows.
- Prepare proposals and pricing quotes (RFP) for clients and prospects.
- Present to various clients/prospects as needed.
- Report weekly on sales activities using approved internal Hydro Meter Sales form.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Previous sales experience in servicing water industry.
- Professional Services selling experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective listener
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory as needed.
- Demonstrated negotiation and closing techniques.
- Relationship building skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Responsive to customers’ needs and follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory (up to 70%)
- Commitment to company values
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience working with municipalities and/or other governmental agencies.
HydroCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $79,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Selling to water utilities: 3 years (Required)
- Backflow Prevention: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cross Connection Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- ASSE, TREEO or USC Certification (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
- On the road