HydroCorp – Troy, MI
$19 – $21 an hour
Under the general direction of the Municipal Division Operations Director, the Cross-Connection Control Inspector conducts inspections at client/ water user facilities for the purpose of preventing either backflow or back-siphonage of possible contaminants and pollutants into the potable water system. Up to 50% overnight travel to client communities may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect businesses, residential homes, commercial and industrial establishments, and other types of buildings and operations which are covered by state and local cross-connection laws and codes.
- Inspect water inlets and points of use advising water consumers of necessary protective devices that must be installed and/or properly maintained.
- Conducts follow-up inspections to ensure that backflow devices/assemblies have been professionally installed and/or recommendations have been implemented.
- Manage daily client communications, data and reporting concerning inspections.
- Maintain necessary inspection reports and notices using computerized system.
- Coordinate inspection scheduling and meet quality/quantity requirements.
- Provide for excellence in internal and external customer service. Create a positive experience for customers through professional and courteous behavior and producing high quality results.
- Recommend and lead efforts to improve existing processes, quality, or client satisfaction.
Skills and Core Competencies
- Knowledgeable in state and local Cross-Connection Control Guidelines and Plumbing Code.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and water distribution systems.
- Ability to resolve client and water user issues and answer technical questions in a timely and responsive manner as needed.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts pertaining to fluid dynamics.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Strong ability to use electronic equipment and application software as required.
- Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to understand and assess from a logical perspective.
- Ability to interface with clients and employees in a professional manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum two years field experience in Cross-Connection Control inspections and backflow prevention preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in plumbing industry, backflow prevention assembly testing or water distribution system operation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified training in backflow prevention and Cross-Connection Control through one or more of the following agencies:
- USC Foundation for Cross-Connection Control
- Or comparable certification/training
HydroCorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our field personnel as safe as possible, we provide a wide array of PPE and require social distancing from all customers and clients.
- industrial building maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- municipal: 1 year (Preferred)
- plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
- On the road